Monday, March 12, 2007

Flowers that Bloom in the Spring Tra-La



A very sociable day, I seemed to get in a good chat with everyone, and delivered the Enormous Bedspread so now have a cheque which should nicely cover the first tranche of rowing costs. The jet lag hit last night so I spent a happy hour looking up Samuel Palmer and Edward Calvert, specially the Magic Apple Tree and Chamber Idyll. Found C.I. in my own books but the Tree has annoyingly disappeared - and I love it! I see echoes of it in Garry's work, that is what started me off, lying there in the dark with my eyes wide open on springs.

The Vivienne Westwood exhibition at the De Young was enormously exciting. Nothing I could wear of course, but it is original and stimulating, maybe could jog me just an inch out my rut - and the matrons of Marin too, to the last sweatpanted one. Heaven knows they need it, dreary lot. Candace was saying there is no pizzazz here - I was telling her how stylish, fresh and lovely Sydney girls were to my eyes.

I do have a Vivienne Westwood sweater i bought at Liberty's. Maybe should give it to Cissy.

I am very happy to be back at the centre of my own web again - now to get a copy of the CALF photos!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you dancing and singing merrily?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Tricia Rose said...

Walking Tennessee Valley!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home