Friday, February 17, 2006

Snow on Mount Tam

I am as thrilled as a child, although I can't see it for fog.

I went to the dump today, one of my favourite places, as good as American Soil or a lumber yard. I just love tossing it all out of the back of the truck to land with a crash - the microwave was particularly satisfying - and driving off light and purified while behind me that monster bulldozer looms through the Pit and bears it all away.... The farm animals add a surreal touch. Rich, rich, rich.

Now I can't install the new microwave because my saw makes the lights dim, and Stefan is editing. I have set it all up to do the minute he stops, but it is thwarting. I enjoy this sort of thing so much more when I have been working for a while and away from it, it mixes in with the sheer bliss of being busy with the work I love, to make me glad when I stop.

Off to Phoenix at 5am tomorrow, so I had better not be too ambitious tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home