Friday, January 06, 2006

Maslow

"Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is, in a way, dangerous. It says we should ultimately aspire to realizing our full potential. But I'm not sure. I've been aspiring to realize my full potential for years, and you know what? It's a constant struggle to be better, but you can never win. It's exhausting. I spend way too much time and emotional energy considering my flaws and how to better myself. I could probably stand a little less self-actualization and a little more complacency."


Maslow is not of enormous intellectual stature though, is he. He planted his tiny flag on Chakra Theory and the Kabalistic Tree of Life, renaming the stages with earth-bound, rational-materialistic labels. He is the surveyor who measures the garden, one more time.

No 'shoulds' in there at all. Prffupppt to Maslow, consider the lilies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home