Tuesday, December 27, 2005

'M Bored

Want to return to the bread and butter of life after too much cake.

I could write a theoretical ad for Pacific Sun, Marin, or other vehicle. I so enjoy the Zen non-verbal mind of sewing . A wonderful, tactile three-dimensional puzzle that I get paid for.

From an email to Norma:

"We had joint revels yesterday, with two cakes, one lemon drizzle, one chocolate, seafood crepes, the best buns (bread machine), mini quiches and I forgot the smoked salmon but we were all stuffed anyway.

So now my youngest – my youngest! - is 20, and Stefan is in his 70th year. He has been saying over the past few days, ‘Three! We have three children!’ Well, I think it is a perfectly wonderful thing to stand amazed at, and as we drove back from the party yesterday we were thanking whatever gods may be that they are all healthy, straight and flourishing. A good state of mind for him to be in, when I think of the depths to which past birthdays have plunged him."

"Out of the night that covers me
Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul."

An attitude to cultivate.

So back to the issue, I'm bored. Maybe I would be perfectly satisfied to lie on a sofa and watch the rain until its time to play scrabble with Jane. Could I start a new album? do yoga? tidy my sock drawer? PUT TOGETHER THE PICTURE FRAMES!

Could also ring the roofer, two buckets are not enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home