Monday, December 01, 2008

So Dark

Oh, Northern Hemisphere! I wake and feel the fell of dark not day.

The weekend was bright, limpid sunshine and blue skies, and we spent about an hour filming a hawk of some kind circling, hovering, stooping, then flying back to his tree to rest or eat, before starting again. No idea what it was, the little book suggested either an osprey (but it wasn't diving into the water) or a northern harrier, as it was very pale with black shoulders. We emailed Alison at WildCare for her expertise.http://www.birdphotography.com/species/wtki.html

I light a fire at night and even one this morning, and have put a small electric heating pad in a wool blanket in front of the fire for Madam to toast herself on, plus she is living on turkey so thinks the gravy train has pulled in. Scout is up here too while Dee and Ed are in Albequerque. She made a cartoonish dog-shaped hole in the gate downstairs so is not to be trusted alone unless crated.

Do I notice a trend? after Thanksgiving my three menfolk sat rivetted to their laptops, and after dinner last night Cissy and George were showing us their latest and very good productions on their laptops. They are becoming essential to communication - I showed them Roses at Murrwillumbah and we all shed a tear.

Today I buy a new front door lock and various pesky light bulbs with Special Needs. Maybe even transformers so I can wire in the outside lights at the front. I am loath to collect the necessary rocks for my Arrangement in the front bed until I have wrecked the ladylike fingernails which grew while I was in Australia on holiday. I am not need for the editing so am deliberately finding constructive ways to occupy my time, like yoga, and thinking, and bird-watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home