Thursday, November 27, 2008

Back Home

Home to blessed rain and a clean and orderly house, and a little cat with no time for games who ran to greet us. She gets as close to us as she can.

I woke this morning to a misty world of liquid silver and sepia, everything reduced to uprights and horizontals against the shining of the water. I feel more at home here, at last, and I think the reasons are political, or maybe I am just reminded how easy it is to hop across the wide Pacific to visit my ever-expanding family.

Definitely feeling like a musing morning, despite a twenty pound turkey waiting for me, quietly and patiently. It was the smallest I could find. I might walk down to the far corner of the bay to see what the tide has brought in before the boys arrive for Thanksgiving dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home