Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ergo

There was a street market outside the building we were working in yesterday so at lunch I bought: peaches white and yellow, nectarines white and yellow, chilis, cilantro, basil, tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, peppers and a tiny cast-iron pan for $5. I had decided to spend all the money in my purse, what a giddy feeling.

So this morning I had my egg in the little pan, rancheros, and it was perfect.

The days suddenly seem shorter. I woke at 5.45 this morning and thought it was about 5.

Petty: I mind when some neat thing I discover turns out to be common knowledge, like putting the matching sheets and duvet covers and one pillowcase into the other pillow case so you always have sets, or chopping as much onion as you can bear and putting it in a deli container. Or folding your towels in thirds to make a plump front fold, or your trousers in thirds to fit a suitcase or drawer with unobtrusive creases upon wearing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felix said...

Woops, I accidently read:
"Or folding your bowles in thirds to make a plump front fold"

Now that isn't common knowledge.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Tricia Rose said...

I bet I'd have a VERY plump front fold if I folded my bowel in thirds.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home