Monday, September 10, 2007

Lady-Mode and the Other


I have been having such fun with Facebook. I am sure I have only scratched the surface, but there is time.

Felix led me gently through the paths of Skype last night, although I can't use it yet as I don't have a microphone. Free phone calls to Australia are a strong incentive. Global village indeed.

Today I really, really am getting on with the cladding of the bathroom. I was sidetracked on the weekend, what with being social and then being knackered from moving all the trees in their wine-tubs away from the now overwhelming pittisporum hedge. Would have been much easier if I hadn't watered them first. I was filthy with mud and sweat when I finished, so I had to have a shower and wash my hair and scrub, then I thought I might as well style my hair for once, and repaint my toenails, then makeup seemed a fun idea and before I knew it I was so deep in lady-mode all I could do for the rest of the day was sip Earl Grey. We strolled down to the beach, called in on Meryll and saw the plans for her new studio - what a shame I am just getting to know her and she is moving! then back to make Yorkshire pudding among other things for Felix's visit. He brought lavish lilies which are scenting the whole house.

Dee just came up with a colander full of fragrant tomatoes, she has a bumper crop. Global to local.

I have just ordered Pensees from Amazon. Very fond of Pascal, especially since reading a deep and subtle article on Freud's evolving attitudes towards religion.
Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/09/magazine/09wwln-lede-t.html?ex=1190088000&en=847ebea604b0323d&ei=5070&emc=eta1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home