Thursday, April 12, 2007

On the Beach


I always want harmony with the spirit of place without getting too carried away with lighthouse doorstops etc, so I am delighted with the beach pebbles I found at the ASA, amongst the chickens, pigs and peacocks. I carted home half a ton of them and tossed them one by one over the fence, easier than carrying all the way round in a bucket, and have now laid about one square yard - who would have known it could be so painstaking? Only three more to go.

The bed edging I did the simple way, timbers from the fence and pounded rebar. I am tracking an old fishing net (with floats!) on e-Bay for the honeysuckle, jasmine and nasturtium to climb up, and if it is a success I might get another for the passion flower up the side of the house. AND put pebbles over the dank little bed beside the front path so I can move things around in pots. AND put a zinc top over the old table so that it looks like a potting bench from Petersham Nurseries. AND hang all my ships lanterns along the fence. Avast, me hearties!

We have a sirocco blowing so I am anxious about my tender plants, even dug up a limp lobelia to revive it inside with a cool cloth over its brow.

I really seem to be happiest when I exhaust myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home