Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Woman After God's Own Heart

I have come to realise that if I am intrigued by a blog I had jolly-well better Bookmark it or I will never be able to find it again. I have been leafing through by hitting the 'next blog' button, but it is never the same series from one moment to the next, reminds me of "The Faraway Tree", one of my favourite young-childhood books.

So I have not been able to find a blog by a young woman who describes herself as a young Christian wife and mother, and who devotes many column-inches to 'A Woman After God's Own Heart' by Elizabeth George, thesis: be the best possible wife you can be. When the steam stopped whistling from my nostrils and I regained my detachment, I experienced envy. Yes, envy. The idealistic part of me that wants to be Lord Chesterton, Marmee and Lassie rolled into one, resonates to aspiring to the highest and best one can be. It is seductive.

I would find a husband on a similar mission intolerable. I think my risk is low.

I would rather have universal empathy. David always said altruism. A change of heart, or maybe coming from the heart instead of looking for advantage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home