Friday, April 06, 2007

Freesias

Grumpy after an abortive hunt for a good romping humulus lupulus aureus, but I have planted new lavender and dark lobelia in the teeth of a stiff wind (playing havoc with my clematis armandii), watered, looked for Lyle who escaped when Mary's front door blew open, and am now contemplating Easter weekend with new artichokes, roast chicken (lamb on Sunday), all the dear old Easter hymns I love for the wrong reasons. We are on track for spring.

I bought a pot of freesias on impulse after admiring swathes of them while walking with Mimi, I can plant them out once they fade, but for now the scent is very heaven, reaching me from the dresser.

I am becoming SUCH a boring old fart, every activity recorded in monotonous detail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home