Wednesday, July 15, 2009

High Summer


What a rollicking time we have been having!

Dee and Ed had their barbeque on Monday, which gave it an edge, and since it was in the high nineties I spent a lot of my time in the pool, along with Scout and a darling little naked nymph who lifted her arms and said 'Carry me!', so we went round and round in the water, visiting everyone sitting on the sides with their feet in.

Yesterday morning we visited Chris and Karen in Petaluma, to update their website and for a most satisfying debrief of Pinot, and then some inspiring brainstorming. Dizzy with it all, I sewed in the afternoon until Mary hauled me off to swim at China Camp, since we hit 100 degrees. It was wonderful, and I will do it again. She is very athletic so I can see she is a Good Influence.

I am peeling in sheets after falling asleep in the sun last Monday, it feels like being young again.

Today we are experimenting with Elly's cool-house method: shutting the windows and shades as opposed to opening everything and letting the air go through. Of course Elly's house is stone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home