Saturday, January 31, 2009

Scrub. Rinse. Repeat.

It is enjoyable to clean my house after a week of work. And I have been enjoying working with Carolyn - fancy getting paid for my obsessive little diagrams! I am mainly using QuickBooks, chasing vendors, creating Purchase Orders and such, but it calls on the skills I used so long ago while renovating thousands of square feet at a time. The creative impetus isn't there of course, but the exercise of competence is pleasing in itself.

The drought continues here, and there is a killing heat wave in Australia, when I talk to family they seem to have been seeing a lot of films lately, just for the air-conditioning. We will have water restrictions soon, about time: Californians are so wasteful of water. Check this awful site on how to save water:
http://www.wateruseitwisely.com/100-ways-to-conserve

They don't know they are born, truly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn Robbins said...

it might be that creative impetus comes in a fleeting moment and saves the day!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home