Friday, January 09, 2009

Smug

I am feeling virtuous after going through kitchen cupboards throwing out ugly vases, dried-up herbs, and chipped things, and it didn't take long. A sort of early spring clean while the sun is so bright and low, and comes in through the window to light up everything unmercifully. Sort of a Dutch light.

We were shooting at San Francisco General Hospital on Wednesday and I enjoyed it so much. All clean and shiny, with fiercely partisan doctors. It is a Level One Trauma Unit, and it puts a mother's heart at ease knowing it is the local for my boys.

Maybe my cleaning efforts are inspired in part by the hospital's example, in part by the way Cissy unobtrusively pre-washed the cups before having tea here last weekend. And I thought I was too young to be an unhygienic old fart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home