Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Money's Worth

Since I have maintenance contract on all my appliances, and since Sears eventually sent the Man Who Knew What He Was Doing, I had him go over everything, idly mentioning that I bought the washer with the house and never had trouble with it. "Would you like to know how old it is?" he asked, then bent double into it.

1977. That is value.

Today we shoot schoolchildren in the city, Monday was another rock-processing plant, and last Friday a very pretty little woman waving her arms around. On Sunday I had the immense satisfaction of carting from Will's place the redundant tv and vacuum cleaner, plus a pile of boxes and old clothes. It is such a lovely apartment. We all went to have tea with Cissy and George, and on Monday Felix and Ghazi came around, and I gave her my Vivienne Westwood sweater, as she is the one who will most appreciate it, and it makes me look like Dolly Parton.

I think I may paint my office sharp olive green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home