Friday, August 04, 2006

Carpe Temporis Punctum

I awoke impossibly bright and chatty, still on East coast time, dreaming about light. One of the wonders of living here is the lovely play of light over the water at the end of the day, and as the year swings around fingers of afternoon sun come into the front of the house too, long and low.

A couple of weeks ago I called Ghazi in to see how the papyrus heads I had culled and stuck in a vase were illuminated and transfigured for minutes only by a sidelong glance of sun. She called me an aesthetic Epicurean and I have been rolling it around on my tongue ever since, and it pleases me. Mostly because it comes from a pure source; you notice how some people put such a sting in the tail of an observation. Not Ghazi, I am quite certain she is one herself, and there is a sisterhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home