Thursday, April 16, 2009

True Mark of an Empty Nester


Maybe is is just piteous, but I have made cushion covers of the letters W, C and F in nautical flags, and I am very pleased with them. Couldn't handle primary red whaite and blue so went for rust, natural and indigo so at least hopeless maternal fondness is smart. Photos soon, have to dye a new batch of blue as not quite enough, since I did both sides - one side of a cushion pattern looks mean. After all, I was the one who embroidered extra motifs onto the back of a cardigan because having the pattern end at the side seam offended my sensibilities. Also giving the world something to focus on between the shoulder blades draws attention from the bum. I offer this as someone who takes her obligations to the next generation seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home