Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wardrobe!

I woke to a glorious dawn and started dismantling the Harley-Davidson motorcycle jacket to use on the publicity still of the film, singing,

"He wore black denim trousers and motorcycle boots
And a black leather jacket with an eagle on the back
He had a hopped-up 'cicle that took off like a gun
That feller was the terror of Highway 101

Well, he never washed his face and he never combed his hair
He had axle grease imbedded underneath his fingernails
On the muscle of his arm was a red tattoo
A picture of a heart saying 'Mother, I love you'"


Well remembered from my far-off childhood, except we sang 'iggle', not eagle, and we loved the loucheness of it all.

When I checked the original photo though, Snake wasn't wearing a leather jacket at all, but a T-shirt. Wah happen?

The moment is rendered Proustian since I now live two miles from the 101, which was so fabulous in my imagination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKUIOo1KEe4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home