Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dear Diary

This afternoon Felix glued my finger back on for me, and sat by the fire holding my hand until the Superglue set. Isn't he a darling?

The cast of my hand of course, which I broke while showing it to Will and Jessica.

Yesterday I operated a Teleprompter for the first time, good fun, a little nerve-wracking as it has its quirks, such as seizing if you get to the beginning or the end. Another blossom in my skill-set, though.

I feel an urge to be more creative, all of a sudden. Kevin pointed out to me that Stefan's room is the only one left untouched, and my blood ran cold. Nothing left to do? Will I have to sell?

I could always start on the rental unit downstairs, ripe for conversion as it is, and with the challenges of low ceilings and strange struts all over the place, since it was originally the boathouse. I would love to polish the original 14" plank floors, put in bigger, better windows (a round one in the main bedroom? I have photo which shows a Pirates of the Caribbean touch, heraldic eagle on the ceiling, barred porthole). Allow light in from the rear, windows onto the rocks with reflected light from the water. Wood-burning stove in the corner, the chimney is already there.

Pipe dreams. It is producing a steady and respectable income as is. Ah me.

If I could have a second property to have my wicked way with! I need to work more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home