Friday, May 02, 2008

Painful Choices

SO often the pain comes later, doesn't it.

My current lumbar distress is from weeding vinca, but I think it is going to impact my painting as well. No matter, Ashraf brought a full flat of strawberries yesterday so I plan to make strawberry jam, after the new dishwasher is in so it can sterilise the jars for me.

It reminds me of the time I made white peach and raspberry jam in Ste Tropez, because we had bought so much fruit in the market the children couldn't eat it. Now THAT was delicious. Less so the crabapple jelly from my tree at Park Village, which looked beautiful and set magnificently but was too tart for real pleasure.

Felix and Jenna are coming over tonight so I shall address myself to cooking. Maybe Stefan will get his longed-for ribs at last.

Let's see if I can find a make-your-own-pectin site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home