Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Colour


I lay awake quite happily in the small hours, watching the moon over the water, petting Suscipe and pushing colours around in my head - if I added yellow oxide it would go this way - if I lightened it - no, no, too pink. When I got up, I loved the new colour just as it is.

Fox Red, for the central room. Walls yesterday, woodwork today.

Thinking about colour is utterly soothing and engrossing, like really listening to music (which I also did, it was a long night). I think anything elemental, maybe because it takes us out of ourselves which was exactly where I wanted to be. I do bore myself so.

Chanting last night, about an hour in we suddenly found our voices and sounded much better. A delightful absence of fluting sopranos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home